Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
191 Posts
Dont want to get burned for unearthing an old thread but i have some information regarding these spike things.

Its likely it was lent/made for him from a guy called Joel Purnell. Jim and Joel are some of the best sax player's in the north of england, and i happen to have Jim as my teacher this year. He is insane, check him out, such a soulful player and guy.

Anyways here is an example of Joel's tenor spike -

And here is his website - http://www.joelpurnell.com/#

When i spoke to him about it he said it is specific to his horn and it was this holding back patent or production or something. Also it works in conjunction with the ring between the body and bell. He says it takes the strain of his back and leaves him free to play. "Havent done a gig without it since" were his words i believe.

· Registered
191 Posts
Sure il ask him a week today when i have a lesson (which is always the highlight and focal point of the week!)

Do you need it cause you have back problems, or are you just generally looking to take the strain of bari away?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.