Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am interested in adding a floor peg to my Yani B991 baritone. I am considering both the Yanigasawa type that has a threaded reciever mounted to the bottom bow rib--or the Selmer III type that has two rod attachment pieces fastened to the side of the horn. An example of what I want is shown on a DC pro harn at www.dominicsmusic.com or on the WWBW pictures of the Selmer III. Any suggestions for finding these add-on parts?

· Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
After searching available bari floor peg installations-deceided to make a floor peg-purchased a standard brass 3/4" to 1/4" reducing coupling from my local hardware store. Shortened coupling by cutting app 1/2" from large end-filed grove to fit bari rib guard and soldered in place. Purchased a 3 1/2" ,2/ 1/2" and 1 1/2" brass threaded 1/4" nipples at hardware store, put 1/2" plastic chair leg end over nipple. Total cost app $15.00 On my B-991S I silver plated the hardware. This allows me to play bari without the neckstrap! Play in "Bass Clarinet" style. A worthwhile improvement!

· Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Brass threaded nipples are availavble in lengths from 1 1/2" to 12". Just select the length that feels good and screw it in. A 1/2" chair leg cover fits tightly over the floor end to provide traction and prevent scratching the floor. It also looks very "factory".

· Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The total added length is app 7/8" so bari fits in stock Yani case and the "pegs fit into the holes already there. I added a peg to my YBS-52 and that required a minor case adjustment-drill holes for the legs-inserted them in holes and created a slight "dimple" in case to accomodate the added leg fitting. With the peg-leg I play bari in "Bass Clarinet" position" For the first few hours-wear a strap for safety-soon you will not need the strap unless you need to stand up for solo/ soli passages etc. Pegs are 5" 3 1/2, 2 1/2 and these seem to accomodate all the different chair heights. I am 5'10" if taller would need longer pegs. Remember-I use atandard plumbing brass threaded nipples for pegs-they are available in sizes from 1" to 12" For custom sizes-they are easily cut down with a tubing cutter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.