Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever heard of this sax brand? The engraving on the bell says 'Accord, Elkhart, IN'.... Idid a little research and came up empty...Any help on whose factory this came out of and when would be appreciated....Thanks.... :?: :?:

·
Registered
456 Posts
I've researched that brand too for a long time, and came up empty handed. It's got to be fairly new because it has the tilted spatula keys, unlike the earlier american horns. It also has a high F# key, which makes it fairly new. It's most likely a stencil of something, but it really doesn't feel like any other mass produced horn. Anyone know anything else on these horns?

·
Distinguished Technician & SOTW Columnist. RIP, Yo
17,204 Posts
The clarinets named accord that I have worked on are really shoddy too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Accord, Elkhart, IN

:) I want to thank all of you for your feedback. My 12 year old is trying to get this sax up to speed with the help of the tech staff at Joyful Noise in Milton, FL. Just returned it yesterday for 'warranty' repair that was not done right the first time...The owner thinks this sax came of the Conn line just before the 'Parrot/Foreign' invasion of Chinese saxophones....It is NOT the quality of the Jupiter rental he is playing and we are thinking of just getting it in good playing shape and selling it....Definitely a beginner sax only....Thanks once again....JP 8)

·
Registered
18 Posts
accord

Ok, I happen to live in Indiana...and just to let you know, Elkhart, Indiana, is where all of the Selmer USA horns are made. Most probably accord is another brand of horn that Selmer makes. I hope that clarifies some things

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.