*every other Big Man solo....[rolleyes]
Urgent
Careless Whisper
Calabria
Never Tear Us Apart
Money
Brown Sugar
...........every other beginner solo out there:bluewink:

Aren't these easy enough? I don't mean to brag or be an ***** (or a weenie [rolleyes]), but these where the songs I learned by ear early on in 7th grade (this year) and I haven't been playing for even a year yet. I can't believe that these solos could be so hard... does anyone else share my frustration?

Some words of wisdom for you:
There should be a simple check box form, Say yes to one of the following:
1) I am new to this forum and will never come back. All I want to do is get the sheet music for this song.

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
If you have really transcribed those solos already or even just those melodies already, I commend you!!
As for people asking for them, some people like to play solos and not transcribe them alone.
You are doing well. You should not think less of a person for asking for help. Wise people ask for help when it is needed.

:)

good luck and continue to do well!!

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I suck at transcribing so when I teach a friend a solo it takes a while because I always get lost on rhythms like dotted eighth notes/rests. And I've got Finale Notpad but there's a bug with it so my dream of providing free pdf transcriptions for the forum members is bitterly ruined :(

·
Registered
594 Posts
Many, many people also have an adverse allergic reactions to using any Search buttons....

(I've developed internet apps before and fielded too many calls from users who simply
refuse to click on those Search/Help buttons no matter how friendly you make them.)

·
Forum Contributor 2015-2017, Distinguished SOTW me
3,426 Posts
all of those tunes mentioned can be had from saxsolos.com

yes, he charges 50 cents a page, but musicians gotta eat

p.s Theres nothing like an original transcription from the artists recording thats reads like the artist played it.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

p.s Theres nothing like an original transcription from the artists recording thats reads like the artist played it.
If I scanned a copy of Careless Whisper and posted it here, would that be copyright? It's Hal Leonard....[rolleyes] I have a transcription of moanin' but its not copyright:)

·
Distinguished Member, Forum Contributor 2008-2017
2,283 Posts
Urgent Easy?????

What Urgent are you refering to? Foreigner's with Junior Walker's solo? Is that solo easy? It goes as high as an Ab4 on Tenor... and the phrasing is phenomenal!!!! If you play it on Alto it is a F#4 which is not as hard... but still has its trick. I have played it on Alto as if it was a Tenor, and My Oh My... I do not think it is a beginner solo.... Or is a different Urgent you are reffering to?

All the best,

JI

Why does everyone keep asking for transcriptions for:
Tequila
Giant Steps (intro)
Baker Street
Jungleland
Thunder Road
Trapped
Land Of Hope and Dreams
Badlands
Born to Run
*every other Big Man solo....[rolleyes]
Urgent
Careless Whisper
Calabria
Never Tear Us Apart
Money
Brown Sugar
...........every other beginner solo out there:bluewink:

Aren't these easy enough? I don't mean to brag or be an ***** (or a weenie [rolleyes]), but these where the songs I learned by ear early on in 7th grade (this year) and I haven't been playing for even a year yet. I can't believe that these solos could be so hard... does anyone else share my frustration?

Some words of wisdom for you:

·
Registered
253 Posts
Re: Urgent Easy?????

What Urgent are you refering to? Foreigner's with Junior Walker's solo? Is that solo easy? It goes as high as an Ab4 on Tenor... and the phrasing is phenomenal!!!! If you play it on Alto it is a F#4 which is not as hard... but still has its trick. I have played it on Alto as if it was a Tenor, and My Oh My... I do not think it is a beginner solo.... Or is a different Urgent you are reffering to?

All the best,

JI
I think he means the head to those songs, not any type of major solos

·
Registered
44 Posts

I didn't realise it was that inexpensive, it's really just a nominal charge, unless it's massively more expensive when you request a custom transcription.

·
Distinguished Member, Forum Contributor 2008-2017
2,283 Posts

But Urgent has no meaning, as I understand it, if we are talking about Foreigner's song, but for the solo... as saxophone has to do... That is what I think. And that is a hell of a solo.

All the best,

JI

I think he means the head to those songs, not any type of major solos

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

But Urgent has no meaning, as I understand it, if we are talking about Foreigner's song, but for the solo... as saxophone has to do... That is what I think. And that is a hell of a solo.

All the best,

JI
I was referring to the head of the solo in that memorable live performance, but I play it down the octave and abit slower. I'm not David Sanborn ;)

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
Just make sure you write out these solos as legibly as possible.
Then try working on some easier solos. Make sure that you write it all!
Writing it all makes it so that you can further understand rhythm! So try to make your reading excell like your ears seem to be.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I should be able to get Careless Whisper and Jungleland on tenor (alto/bari [rolleyes] soon coming) up tomorrow... :cheers:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts