Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a year ago, I posted a recording of myself from late 2007 in this forum (http://forum.saxontheweb.net/showthread.php?131074-Making-Good-On-My-Threat&p=1353652#post1353652), not really knowing what to expect relative to the feedback. The feedback was so positive and encouraging that it inspired me to work harder and gave me an unexpected confidence boost that had an immediate effect on my public playing. As a result, I made great strides in my playing in 2010 and have progressively been getting more and more gigs.

Simply put, I want to thank all the SOTWers that have provided great advice and encouragement, and also all the participants in the Tune of the Month for their comments and sharing their recordings. Thank You Very Much!

PS: Due to a couple of comments about my SOTW name... I am wondering if there is a way to change my Username without wiping out my history and profile. If anyone knows if this is possible, please comment, otherwise I am considering simply starting over in order to leave behind the "Hack" label I gave myself.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2016
17,992 Posts
Contact a moderator (Saxismyaxe tends to respond the quickest). I am sure you can change your username simply...people have done it from time to time.

Would be curious to hear some recording clip, now.

Congrats on your progress.....

·
Grafton alto | Martin Comm III tenor
28,941 Posts
otherwise I am considering simply starting over in order to leave behind the "Hack" label I gave myself.
Don't do that, it gives you two IDs which is against the rules. Contact admin and ask to change your name.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2009
2,063 Posts
I think "Tenorhack" is a great name. You should stick with it, no matter what level you are currently at.

·
Über Geek, Forum Contributor 2010 Distinguished SO
3,841 Posts
I think "Tenorhack" is a great name. You should stick with it, no matter what level you are currently at.
+1. It's a great reminder to keep working.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
1,877 Posts
+1. It's a great reminder to keep working.
+2 I think I'm the one that said that you shouldn't call yourself a hack . BUT as a screen name who cares . I was more concerned you would have a low esteem of your playing which sounded real nice . Looking forward to you posting some more of your playing and it just doesn't matter what your screen name is . It is actually a pretty cool choice for a name.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
+2 I think I'm the one that said that you shouldn't call yourself a hack . BUT as a screen name who cares . I was more concerned you would have a low esteem of your playing which sounded real nice . Looking forward to you posting some more of your playing and it just doesn't matter what your screen name is . It is actually a pretty cool choice for a name.
Thanks Mike and Diva... I tend to agree. When I named myself, I was frustrated, but I can see it as a reminder of how I felt about my playing at that point. Right now I am really enjoying the process of working and growing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts