Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Administrator
17,256 Posts
Re: A?

I've never seen that sign of a refaced mouthpiece (so it's probably not the tag of a very well known refacer, because I've seen a lot of those).

I would advice to change your thread title (use the Edit Post button) into something more meaningful than 'A?'. Now you will attract and annoy a lot of members.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts

Perhaps refacing was done by I.M. Ligscratches ?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

I got the information that it was the jung Aron Drake. He has now this A on every mouthpiece box.

·
Registered
718 Posts

eh?

·
Registered
Alto sax, Tenor sax, Clarinet
1,306 Posts

The script "A" that is molded into the Aaron Drake mouthpieces has a different shape than the one shown by the OP. A photograph of the script "A" on the mouthpiece would certainly help.

·
Banned
2,814 Posts

Without a picture, it doesn't exist. Seriously.......you post a "font" design and expect anyone to decipher from that? C'mon....

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Did you see this?

I've never seen that sign of a refaced mouthpiece (so it's probably not the tag of a very well known refacer, because I've seen a lot of those).

I would advice to change your thread title (use the Edit Post button) into something more meaningful than 'A?'. Now you will attract and annoy a lot of members.

·
Administrator
17,256 Posts
Re: A? Refacer Aaron Drake!

Hello,

Am I a freak?

Please find attached the Pictures!

View attachment 214198 View attachment 214200 View attachment 214202 View attachment 214204

Questions?

Regards

Michael
Nice pictures Michael!

With some fantasy you could see the Aaron Drake logo in it, but I'm not sure if he would scratch his logo in such an unprofessional way on a mouthpiece table. In my eyes it could as well be some random scratching!

For comparison: check the AD logo displayed in the right bottom corner of this Drake mouthpiece clip:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ticb1bZUbs

·
Grafton alto | Martin Comm III tenor
28,881 Posts
The scratching on the mouthpiece does look like a crude form of the AD Aaron Drake logo. Unlike the Feine Schreibschift font in the OP which is maybe a red herring as it's quite different.

So it's just vaguely possible that was an early version of the logo but knowing Aaron, I'm sure it isn't something he would do now.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts