Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
2,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just for kicks, I thought I'd post a saxophone video in this part of the SAX on the web forum.
Hope this fits within the scope of this forum. :evil:

*Saxophone solo starts at about 5:10.

·
Banned
2,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, great solo :)! Gave me a strong vibe to 'Chasin the Train' of John Coltrane as recorded 1961. Thanks for sharing.
He's definitely one of my favorite players. I'll have to see if I can find some of his recordings. I believe he did a 2 tenor thing with Max Ionata a while back. That would probably be fun to listen to. Here's another one of Max I recently found.....playing in a Japanese record (cd) store over the changes of Speak Low:

John

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,384 Posts
Jayzuz! Never heard of these guys, and they KILLS! Somebody's gotta tell these tenor players -- along with their sorta countryman Robert Bonisolo, Australia's Jamie Oehlers, France's Sylvain Beuf, along with the Netherland's Ferdinand Povel and, what the hell, you TOO, Seamus Blake -- jazz is an AMERICAN art form, dammit! Hands off!

·
Banned
2,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jayzuz! Never heard of these guys, and they KILLS! Somebody's gotta tell these tenor players -- along with their sorta countryman Robert Bonisolo, Australia's Jamie Oehlers, France's Sylvain Beuf, along with the Netherland's Ferdinand Povel and, what the hell, you TOO, Seamus Blake -- jazz is an AMERICAN art form, dammit! Hands off!
Dude, where in the H-E double toothpicks have you been?!

*Sitting here comparing Kelly to the dude on the Geico commercial who lives under a rock*

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!:mrgreen:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts