Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No words can describe the worst European tragedy from fire since WW2.
87 people dead and lots still missing.

My thoughts and prayers are with the families of the victims and missing persons in Greece but also in California.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Agreeing with the enormity of the human tragedy, and concerned for others in the future, I note that there's concern that those fires were set purposely:
Search "fires near Athens were likely arson."
This may reflect a pattern:
Search "California fires likely arson."
Georgia, Oregon as well.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
There are more Calfire planes flying over than I've ever seen. Two days ago I saw the 747 supertanker for the 1st time. We seem to be burning up. They closed Yosemite too because of the fires.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Agreeing with the enormity of the human tragedy, and concerned for others in the future, I note that there's concern that those fires were set purposely:
Search "fires near Athens were likely arson."
This may reflect a pattern:
Search "California fires likely arson."
Georgia, Oregon as well.
I did check it and what i found is shocking. In the fire northeast of Athens that claimed 87 lives till now the police found 9 mechanisms that caused the arson.
What is more is that it was a very special day that was not only very hot and dry but it was the first time in at least 40 years that the winds blew to the direction towards the city of Mati, the one that burnt, and also the winds were blowing with 120km/h something extremely rare. Both, wind direction and strength were the main reasons for that extremely fast catastrophe.
All that indicates that the ones who started the fire were very well organised and knowledgeable , knew what and when to do it and wanted lots of victims.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts