Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Distinguished Member and Bass Sax Extraordinaire
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just uploaded a number of print materials to the Vogtländische Musikinstrumentenfabrik GmbH Markneukirchen (VMI) section of Bassic Sax.

VMI is the acronym for the parent company that made B&S saxophones AFTER Germany's reunification.

Hope you find them useful:

Codera Brochure

1992 David Guardala Pamphlet

1994 David Guardala Brochure

2001 Series Alto Brochure

2001 Series Tenor Brochure

B&S Saxophones in 1999

They now join the following Medusa brochures that I have had for a couple of years now.

Medusa Saxophone Brochure

B&S Medusa Saxophone Dealer Prospectus

·
Forum Contributor 2017
8,503 Posts
Thanks for all your work on behalf of these great horns.

I wonder if there are any LA SAX Chicago Jazz Series (B&S) brochures?

Also I might have a Japanese B&S 2001 pamphlet

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2010
3,352 Posts
Thanks Helen, always interesting to see this stuff. I wonder if anyone has the old WWBW catalogues with the Alloras in them?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2007-
alto: 82Zii/Medusa, tenor: Medusa, bari: B-901, sop: sc-990
7,690 Posts
Cool stuff Helen. By the way, I had a “Guardala” alto that was probably made by Amati.

·
Registered
3,284 Posts

+1, great stuff Helen! I've been spending a lot of time with your B&S pages of late, what with a newly arrived CJS tenor still in the box under quarantine in my music room right now.

·
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would love to see any and all brochures. (Hard copy not necessary.)

If you do find your Japanese B&S 2001 pamphlet, if you could send it to me as a scanned PDF that would be amazing!

·
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Helen, always interesting to see this stuff. I wonder if anyone has the old WWBW catalogues with the Alloras in them?
Maybe somewhere. No one has ever reached out to me though. :(

Cool stuff Helen. By the way, I had a "Guardala" alto that was probably made by Amati.
IIRC, did you at one time mention you have an a B&S "blue label" pamphlet? Would you be willing to share? I am currently working on a Weltklang update, and would love to be able to do something on the blue label B&S horns as well.

Always a glutton for this kind of thing. I love my B&S horns!
:mrgreen: Yeah, I do miss my Medusa. But I am very partial to my Couf now too. Very different horns, for very different types of music.

+1, great stuff Helen! I've been spending a lot of time with your B&S pages of late, what with a newly arrived CJS tenor still in the box under quarantine in my music room right now.
OOOOhhhh..... Nice....

Also I might have a Japanese B&S 2001 pamphlet
No one has ever reached out to me about any CJS stuff. Maybe one day....

·
Forum Contributor 2017
8,503 Posts
Maybe somewhere. No one has ever reached out to me though. :(

IIRC, did you at one time mention you have an a B&S "blue label" pamphlet? Would you be willing to share? I am currently working on a Weltklang update, and would love to be able to do something on the blue label B&S horns as well.

:mrgreen: Yeah, I do miss my Medusa. But I am very partial to my Couf now too. Very different horns, for very different types of music.

OOOOhhhh..... Nice....

No one has ever reached out to me about any CJS stuff. Maybe one day....
I own a CJS tenor if you need pictures

·
Forum Contributor 2017
8,503 Posts
I would love to see any and all brochures. (Hard copy not necessary.)

If you do find your Japanese B&S 2001 pamphlet, if you could send it to me as a scanned PDF that would be amazing!
Ill find it asap

·
Forum Contributor 2017
8,503 Posts
I use my CJS as my main horn and its outstanding.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2017
Picked up a sax in 2002 and here I am.
2,197 Posts
Open her up yet?

·
Registered
3,284 Posts
Open her up yet?
Just now, yeah! :D I don't want to hijack this thread, so will post a review elsewhere once I've spent some more time with it and found the right setup. But my very early impressions are that it's pretty damned awesome, and quite different from my other tenors.

·
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just now, yeah! :D I don't want to hijack this thread, so will post a review elsewhere once I've spent some more time with it and found the right setup. But my very early impressions are that it's pretty damned awesome, and quite different from my other tenors.
Nice! Glad to hear. I love happy endings. :)

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2010
3,352 Posts
I found this somewhere on the web. Spring Summer 2005 apparently.

Attachments

·
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Thanks Canadian!

That got me thinking... I took a look through my archived music stuff from the early 2000s, and found an old WWBW catalogue that had an Allora ad in there. Not the same one from above, but along the same lines. Also found a Codera ad.

I will have to look through my stuff again, I noticed some Downbeat magazines, as well as all the usual Saxophone Journals that I should take a glance through. I might find some interesting ads in there from B&S.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts