Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planing on buying either an SA-80 or an SX-90 alto sax this spring! I have play tested the SA-80 and I like it i haven't tryed an SX-90 jet. But of I buy the SX it will save me A GRAND! :)
Maybe because JK is gonna stop making them!:x

I posted somthing similar on the Selmer page, but i would like to know what would be a better lead alto horn?:?

·
The most prolific Distinguished SOTW poster, Forum
27,650 Posts
Didn't you already get some answers? Why are you double or triple posting the same question? How is this different than the one I on which I gave you a detailed answer to several days ago?

·
Researcher, Teacher and Horn Revitalizer, Forum Co
3,505 Posts
deja vue .... deja vue ..... deja vue .... deja vue ..... deja vue .... deja vue .....

well since we're in the JK section now ... get the JK

hope you don't post it in the general section now to get a general reply .. you'll get the same ppl.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
I talked to James Grondin about that JK when I ordered my sopranino from him. I ask where they(the JKs) came from. He said the SX alto and tenor were old stock they "found" in the wharehouse. I asked about them because I knew that Dave Kessler bought all the remaining Keilwerths in Buffet's wharehouse.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
4,544 Posts
I think that all the great deals available currently on WWBW are a result of the integration with Guitar Center. Lots of NOS for very cheap. Just bought a Guardala King in gold plate for $150!!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you all for your post! I just wanted to make sure i get alot of info! (NO I WILL NOT POST THIS ANYMORE)

Thanx:D

·
Registered
244 Posts
Thanks for WWBW tip.
I just ordered the last Keilwerth SX90 gold lacquer "B" stock tenor. $2300. shipped. If damage is too gross, it can be returned on the 45 day return plan. They no longer send someone to check the the damage, which is par for the course with a mega dealer. In the recent past they have issued me credits promptly, though.

thanks,tsaxy

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Hopefully it is not too bad. You can get a new lacquer SX-90 tenor from either kessler music or USAhorn for around $2500. I bought my daughter a lacquer SX-90 tenor(serial 113xx circa 2000) for $2500 from music and arts in 06. So to save only $200 it should be minor cosmetic flaws!!!!

·
Registered
244 Posts
SYCC,

I agree and am aware of Kessler's price. WWBW could not tell me in advance what the blemish or damage might be. We shall see.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts