1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello, mike_s

I bought mine from 1 Stop Clarinet and Saxophone Shop:

http://1stopclarinet.stores.yahoo.net/vamoalsaxgil.html

I'm aware that there was some controversy regarding this vendor on this forum; but, I've ordered from them on three occasions recently and they delivered the items extremely quickly. I also believe they offer the M/O ligature at the lowest price right now.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The M/O has been my primary ligature for about 6 months now. I play exclusively classical music on alto and found the M/O pairs great with nearly all of my mouthpieces.

I confess to being pretty neurotic regarding set-up; I've mixed-and-matched and experimented with a dozen different MPs, ligatures, and reeds since I began playing. All this to say that I believe I hear and feel a positive difference with the M/O ligature. But I totally concede that the "positive difference" may all be in my head!

I have the gold lacquer M/O. The aged gold finish, which I would have preferred for aesthetics, is not available from Vandoren yet.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have a BG France in my tenor mouthpiece Otto Link (metal), and it sounds very good. I prefer this to the original

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
The M/O has been my primary ligature for about 6 months now. I play exclusively classical music on alto and found the M/O pairs great with nearly all of my mouthpieces.

I confess to being pretty neurotic regarding set-up; I've mixed-and-matched and experimented with a dozen different MPs, ligatures, and reeds since I began playing. All this to say that I believe I hear and feel a positive difference with the M/O ligature. But I totally concede that the "positive difference" may all be in my head!

I have the gold lacquer M/O. The aged gold finish, which I would have preferred for aesthetics, is not available from Vandoren yet.
Do you think the aged gold sounds better or is it esthetic.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
What I like about the M/O is the reed channel. When the ligature is centered on the mouthpiece, the reed is centered alang with the ligature exactly like the Masters ligature. One screw makes it more convenient. Once the reed is centered it sounds like any of my other ligatures when the reed is in the right spot.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts