Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a new AW01 which was on sale at a local shop. I played it a bit last night and went back today to make the purchase.

What a precision piece of machinery it is! Everything just fits. Ergonomics is incredible. One thing I noticed was how fluid the side C key made a run across the break feel.

The consistent tone throughout the range of the horn is pretty slick as well. It does allow for tonal shaping, but the upper range sings out beautifully.

Now, back to practice.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Check out Andrew Gould’s new album. He plays one and loves it. Sounds terrific and something different from a Mark VI (Are people ready for something else yet? Meaning do people get tired of everyone sounding like a Mark VI?)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It’s proved a but surprising. I found it timid at first. Restricted. After awhile, it opened up to me.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
33,895 Posts
One thing I noticed was how fluid the side C key made a run across the break feel.
I'm a proponent of the side C, but I fail to understand how using it makes the transition across the break any better. If going from C to D, there is less wasted motion just using the regular fingerings 0x0 000 to xxx xxx.

·
Registered
22 Posts
When I got my new tenor TWO1, the first day it also felt a bit timid or held back. Shortly after the initial intonation issues I had disappeared, and we started dancing!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2017
Picked up a sax in 2002 and here I am.
2,172 Posts
When I got my new tenor TWO1, the first day it also felt a bit timid or held back. Shortly after the initial intonation issues I had disappeared, and we started dancing!
So what you guys probably mean is you adapted to the horn right? I doubt the horns suddenly change on their own, so guessing you modified your breath support, air stream, etc...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yes I would agree. I adapted to the intonation issue, for me it was Midfle c#. Also the sax was getting broke in, pads seating etc. a few months later it plays better yet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts