Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
So....was the woman in this video the inspiration for him becoming a hair farmer?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Kenny holds tenor without a strap. Didn't we see his "fans" on this board complaning about not being able to play soprano without one? :shock:

C

·
0 Posts
Hi, How ya doin. Hey, wats happenin
Just what I need before going to bed. 80's styled nightmares!
I gave up eating pizzas before bed because of the nightmares,
now I have to deal with the G'ster ! Thanks a lot ! :shock:

·
Banned
624 Posts
I have a famous photo of Charlie Parker and it looks like he's holding his alto without a strap.

vito said:
Kenny holds tenor without a strap. Didn't we see his "fans" on this board complaning about not being able to play soprano without one? :shock:

·
Forum Contributor 2011, SOTW's pedantic pet rodent
8,322 Posts
Saxtripper said:
For Kenny G lovers and haters alike.....

enjoy....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEC2oxcVVEw
The club owner's got Mr G's number there, I reckon. Did you see how sarcastically he snapped his fingers at the end? He wanted to end it all earlier but noone was backing him up. Tragic, really.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2012
7,216 Posts
Kenny Yikes!

That nerdy guy had some kinda robot funk goin'.Sheesh,I kinda dug it.Marty must have some bag o' moves in his arsenal. I'm getting envious.

·
Distinguished SOTW Columnist / Forum Contributor 2
4,202 Posts
If someone on the forum wants to slam Kenny G then feel free to go to Youtube! I love that solution.

While not a Kenny G fan overall I think he did a nice cover of pick up the pieces with Sanborn.

·
Forum Contributor 2008/Distinguished SOTW Member
3,295 Posts
Wizard Island has some nice playin gon it too. Still, not a fan, but he got a whole lot of people interested in listening to saxophone that were only interested in Cuisinarts and hot tubs. That said, let him moonwalk all he wants.

(BTW - playing without a strap is a typical staging gimick. He wasn't actually performing. As if I needed to say that.)

1 - 20 of 49 Posts