Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2012
3,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
As I'll spend some (foggy ?) days in London Town, what are good places to shop for clarinets. Thanks for any hint.
For saxes, I guess Denmark St. is fine.

·
3,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I think I already read about them on the forum, I'm just checking their internet site. There seems to be enough to make my (foggy) day. Muchas gracias Jamie.

·
3,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK. That makes planning even easier, and leaves more time for ... the British Museum.
I know it isn't the right thread, but any hints about good venues not to miss ? It will be end of October.

·
3,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, no. 21 to be precise. (sax.co.uk)
OK. So my guess wasn't that wrong... No problem, it is half way to the British Museum.
Venues (don't tell me Frith St., I know the place...) ?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
1,264 Posts
I was in London (with my family) in August: Two visits at sax.co.uk and two at Howarth of London - tested 12 -15 tenor saxes, mostly big bore horns - went home with a very nice JK SX90R :)
The staff in both stores were very competent, helpful and pleasant!

The girls in the family liked this best: http://www.zsl.org/zsl-london-zoo/exhibits/penguins/

·
3,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, the SX-90Rs are scaring me too. I suspect some bad things could happen... But I'm more desperately on the market for a clarinet. Howarth seems to have more diversity than our local Buffet-Crampon monopoly.
My kids are (almost) grown-up, they won't come this time. And my best half will stick at .... the British Museum, with Ramses II and his friends.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
1,264 Posts
If you wisit Howarth of London test the dark vintage SX90R. My choice was finally between that one and a Vintage.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts