Sax on the Web Forum banner
41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Yes, wait a bit before buying something new. You'll know when you're ready. You want to get some playing time in before you try something new. Morgan makes great mouthpieces. I just wanted to let you know you can get a new one from them.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
4,768 Posts
This is a different one that's listed now (for wacky$$$$$), engraved Revelation, made by Frank Holton & Co. Elkhorn, Wis.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Holton-201-REVELATION-Alto-Saxophone/233361114407

The other one was older, with a split bell and didn't have the model number on it above the SN like this one does.
Well there you go! A Holton with Revelation on the Bell. I also find it interesting on the very bottom of the engraved area it is stamped made in USA. I have not studied the model 201. This is a post Rudy, SN # 120138 is 1936. The mouthpiece tuning set up is the same as the Rudy. Confirmed that the revelation name was used until at least 1936. I checked the date on Felix's list. Very cool.
Crazy $$$ reasonable condition.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
4,768 Posts
Yes, Yes, Yes you are -(hypno eye here)- and reporting directly back to us...

It appears these pads are open back with paper rings. Just like our OP said. Brown colored rivets . The numbers are stickers except for the 2 # 63's. Those are from an entirely different lot. I included the picture as I thought they were unique being stitched on the backside. The rest of the set came in the brown bag. A couple with shellac on the backing.

Yep, those are exactly like mine. I see you cut one open, and it has the single felt with some wavy-looking reinforcement inside. These must have been a stock repair pad available ? when, I wonder.
Nooooooo!!!!! If I come home with another instrument this month I will get a cranial tuning from my wife.....still room behind my golf clubs:eek:

No clue on those pads. The brown bag I received as case candy along with a Conn '22 C-Mel. I put a flashlight behind the strip of tape...zip. Envelope was made in Ohio. Supplies are usually sourced locally.

FYI I'm planning you next purchase Pal....

Attachments

·
Registered
C-Melody
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Nooooooo!!!!! If I come home with another instrument this month I will get a cranial tuning from my wife.....still room behind my golf clubs:eek:

No clue on those pads. The brown bag I received as case candy along with a Conn '22 C-Mel. I put a flashlight behind the strip of tape...zip. Envelope was made in Ohio. Supplies are usually sourced locally.

FYI I'm planning you next purchase Pal....
:lol::yikes!::lol:

41 - 44 of 44 Posts