Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1925 Conn nickel C-Melody w/original mouthpiece for a 1982 Weltklang Soloist Soprano?

(I am primarily a soprano player, and have never done more than mess around with the C-Mel. I'm thinking the Weltklang might make a nice backup for my Mk VI instead of my Monique, which admittedly isn't too bad.)

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2016
18,000 Posts
The Weltklang is a good horn...arguably the best Weltklangs are their sopranos. Beware, however...as it certainly will sound better than the Monique and quite likely better than the Selmer, also. I think they are sleepers...I have sold a number of 'em and everyone has been very happy with their purchases....

I tend to sell 'em for around $700, although lately on eFlay they have been around $550-600 (although probably not in tip-top playing shape).

It sounds like a pretty good trade to me....I don't think I have seen any C-Mels top $500 even in amazing shape.....

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2007-
5,528 Posts
That's a great deal. You should grab it and run. Those "Wet Legs" are usually pretty good saxes. For most of us, a C-Mel is a great conversation piece, but that's about it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts