Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I usually don't give our recomendations, but I had such a good experience with this company I thought I would share the informantion.
I recently had the need to get a set a tenor keys satin nickel plated and I found a good resource for that service. The company is named Precious Metal Plating Co. and is located in Wickliffe, Ohio. The owner of the company, Tom Talty Jr., has a long and deep background in the musical instrument industry going back to the 1950's. Because of this back ground his "special projects" department was able to take care of my small plating job even though the bulk of his work is not in the music industry. Tom was a pleasure to deal with and very knowledgeable. My job was done very quickly, at a fair price, and great quality.
If you have the need of a plating service I would highly recomend you contact them. Here is their web address http://preciousmetalplatingco.com/index.html

·
Forum Contributor 2007-2012, Distinguished SOTW Te
3,314 Posts
Thanks for the tip! This is very timely for me as I will be needing to get a Buescher Big B plated in an extra-exquisite way pretty soon.

Do they do bead blasting?

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the tip! This is very timely for me as I will be needing to get a Buescher Big B plated in an extra-exquisite way pretty soon.

Do they do bead blasting?
They satin finished my tenor keys. I didn't ask if it was a bead blast or a sand blast.

·
3,314 Posts
How does it look relative to the vintage satin finish? Can you post up some high resolution photos?

I ask because IMHO Anderson uses too fine a media in their satin finish compared to vintage horns.

·
3,314 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Matt, One of these days I'm going to have my grandson, who is in 5th grade, teach me how to post pics on this forum through a photo dump thingy-do.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2016
17,979 Posts
S-star...how much did the job cost ? Also, in what condition were the keys sent to them ? (i.e. already plated, bare brass, lacquered brass, etc....) ?

Thanks...looks nice and clean...not quite as fine-toothed as a vintage satin finish, but very uniform and good !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts