Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone :) I am looking to buy a really groovy Alto Saxophone Mouthpiece for Rock & Blues Music.. I am heavily into bands like Cream, Jimi Hendrix, The Beatles, Oasis.. and more! and I would like a great Mouthpiece which would give me a good starting point to great improvising and things.. Also, I am going to buy a new ligature, I was looking at the make Rovner.. are they any good? if so what sort of sound do they produce? :) and is there any other suggestions you lovely people can suggest? :p Also I have 7 years experience of the Sax ;)

All help appreciated... :D
Regards.. GroovySaxChick :treble:

·
Grafton alto | Martin Comm III tenor
28,907 Posts
I use an RPC for rock and blues (may main work at the moment). They are custom made, give Ron at RPC a ring and he'll make something exactly for you.

Rovners are fine, but as long as the ligature is working properly there is no need to worry about the sound it makes. None of them make a sound, it's the saxophone, mouthpiece reed and you that make the sound, ligatures just hold the red on.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I play in a funk show band- lots of "rock" style soloing. I recently switched to a Theo Wanne Durga to tone my edge down a tad.

Try this set-up:
-Dave Guardala Super King (gold or silver)
-Theo Wanne Enlightened Ligature (with Titanium pressure plate)
-Legere Signature Series Reeds (start with a 2.5- the Guardala has a pretty open feel)

This is going to make your sound really rip!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts