1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2011-
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Thanks, Matt. I would love to think that I could get the intro to Bebop under my fingers before I check out!

·
Distinguished Member, Forum Contributor 2012-2015
5,902 Posts
Very nice and useful stuff, Matt, thank you for sharing.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
6,862 Posts
Three more great ones! For me, simple is very very good! Thanks a million Matt!

Q: I'm not exactly sure what you're saying about that half-note on the #11 at the end of the "Bebop" pattern?

ps.
I hope you'll have a chance to come up to play the Atlantic Jazz Festival some time! I'd love to hear you play live...and I definitely owe you a drink! :thumbrig:

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2011-
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Three more great ones! For me, simple is very very good! Thanks a million Matt!

Q: I'm not exactly sure what you're saying about that half-note on the #11 at the end of the "Bebop" pattern?

ps.
I hope you'll have a chance to come up to play the Atlantic Jazz Festival some time! I'd love to hear you play live...and I definitely owe you a drink! :thumbrig:
Rleitch - and everyone, thanks for the messages - I'd love to play at the AJF one day - that would be a great opportunity for me. As you probably know, that #11 is in the original melody as a quarter note but the whole line goes on a bit longer, I thought that was a good place to stop the phrase for the lesson... FWIT I learned that line through the keys over the last week at the gym on the elliptical trainer, now, if only I could play it at tempo through the keys...maybe one day.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts