Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Columnist and Saxophonistic Art
6,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
THANKS TO SOTW...I was able to get these. What a nice thing. Ya'll rock- beautiful!!!

And to think...Rock saxophone is published in 4 languages! That made my day a few times over.

·
The most prolific Distinguished SOTW poster, Forum
27,650 Posts
And nothing swings harder than something counted off like, "eins, zwei, drie, vier" . :mrgreen:

·
Distinguished SOTW Columnist and Saxophonistic Art
6,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And nothing swings harder than something counted off like, "eins, zwei, drie, vier" . :mrgreen:
You are hysterical Gary...it's 6:22 here and that took me out!! I'm laughing harder than hell.
OH- I was talking to another Super 20 alto fan, and Alan Gauvin's name came up. He said Alan
had sold the Sup 20' that Buddy Rich bought him, and totally moved to Maine.Which IS NOT a bad thing- NYC is so different and wasted. This was kinda a shock, but with
the shrinking scene, Alan's available skill to do day-gig car-tech work anywhere who knows? Peace of mind is a huge asset!
I always respected Alan, had a huge deal of understanding of the skill he had too. That was some deep roots in there. I'm going to
check with a mutual bro' at New School Univ, where I teach,Rich Shemaria and see what he sais. I haven't seen Alan in years. Matter
of fact his one body shop he worked in, USED to be next door to Guardala's shop!! Guardala made him a mouthpiece, never charged
him. He was such a masterful artist. Everyone dug him- If he played 3 notes, you loved him forever!

Anyhow- can you count off a tune in Ubegistan?? Man, you made me laugh....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts