Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Wow, both those horns are severely beautiful. Check out the bell-body brace, strap hook, and RH thumb rest on that alto. Now that is some serious borax.

·
Registered
54 Posts
...I kinda want that alto. I wish it would have popped up a few weeks ago

·
Registered
457 Posts
Me too. That thing is crazy cool; never seen one with that silver logo, and the trippy thumb rest and strap rings. Definitely do NOT need another alto, but this is calling me.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'll be getting an alto eventually but first I gotta get my tenor in perfect working order

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
3,940 Posts
That alto is seriously cool. That raised “Vito” nameplate appears to be tooled silver. I wouldn’t be surprised if this is a one off or prototype. Never have seen one. Don’t need another alto.

The tenor something just doesn’t feel right. It’s a really clean great looking sax. It’s just the marks on the cork from a mouthpiece and no discoloring on the tenon. Small red spots on bow below band. The description is vague pro seller/flipper lingo.
Very good condition,yep. Excellent=100% playable?? Mint,nope. NOS could be easily true.
Sometimes nice has a premium with risk.
Still cool to just see one.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Thanks BigDaddyJ, my home town is Kenosha WI, and I have a serious Beaugnier Vito habit. That alto is causing some palpitations over here and I don't even play alto!

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Just two hours to go, and the bids are mounting on that sweet-looking alto. Must...resist...a little longer....

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2012
2,108 Posts
That alto has a modern replacement neck, right? I could be wrong, but it sure looks like it.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I went as high as I could (barely) justify...didn't even get close. Probably for the best as I certainly didn't NEED it...not that that has anything to do with anything.

·
Registered
915 Posts
oh yeah hyper cool but price wise not so cool. $1300 will get you a lot of horn and quite possibly a lot more than a Vito. The regular Kenosha Vito's are often seen at crazy prices but more often they're priced right. I have three (including one with O-Ring in the tenor receiver) and will have the best restored for myself - eventually - before off-loading the other two.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2013-
5,431 Posts
Should we conclude that the alto is a Beaugnier/Vito made in France and assembled in Kenosha, perhaps as a special order?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2014
2,600 Posts
I didn't see a serial number in the ad. Most Beaugnier based saxes that I've seen and I thought were Kenosha built had "#### A" serial numbers, with the "A" suggesting American assembly. This one looks very, very French. Lots of ornate, non-utilitarian, maybe even useless features that look really cool. Details that require additional craftsmanship and assembly costs, but produce no practical benefit. It screams French built. Oui?

Mark

1 - 18 of 18 Posts