Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Growing up and being a wrestling fan, there was a wrestler who had a theme song that was played on the alto. I remember hearing it and wishing I could play it but I'm just not there yet. The altissimo is just to extreme for me. I want to see if anyone can play it and post it on youtube as nobody has played it yet. If anyone is looking for followers, I guarantee they will get a bunch of wrestling fans myself included.....lol. Anyway here's a link to the song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKJmlMXPbm4

·
Distinguished Member, Forum Contributor 2013-2016
7,892 Posts
Hello Ladies!

I actually transcribed this years ago. It’s really tough. I’m a big wrestling fan, and met Jim Johnston (who was the WWF/E theme music guy for years and an incredibly talented guy.) He told me the name of their studio woodwind guy, but I can’t remember his name right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello Ladies!

I actually transcribed this years ago. It’s really tough. I’m a big wrestling fan, and met Jim Johnston (who was the WWF/E theme music guy for years and an incredibly talented guy.) He told me the name of their studio woodwind guy, but I can’t remember his name right now.

Wow that's really cool! Were you able to play it? I have always wondered who played it. Hopefully someone here will take on the challenge.

·
Forum Contributor 2015-2017
3,852 Posts
Sheesh. Would i have to play most of the high notes out of tune too?

Send me a copy of the transcription? Doesnt sound too hard.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sheesh. Would i have to play most of the high notes out of tune too?

Send me a copy of the transcription? Doesnt sound too hard.
If you can play it even better I'm really looking forward to hearing this. Only problem is going to be the backing track. Can you make it?

·
Forum Contributor 2015-2017
3,852 Posts
Sure. It will take until next week to find the time.

The mentioned transcription would be a nice
Start ...

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Start ...
I have a loose transcription of the first 1:25 of the song I tried to make on final notepad I can send it to you. It's not 100% accurate but it will give you a start.

·
7,892 Posts

Start ...
I don’t have it since I moved. I did that transcription 20 years ago...

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
4,878 Posts
This is hilarious. When I was in high school, long ago, I taught my sax section to play Ravishing Rick Rude's intro song

·
7,892 Posts
This is hilarious. When I was in high school, long ago, I taught my sax section to play Ravishing Rick Rude's intro song
We played that in high school too!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts