Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
Discussion Starter #1
hello there , yesterday I visited an antique shop (always ask for mouthpieces....) and now I have a bunch of strange, mostly slightly discoloured MPC's at least 4 for alto 1 C Melody and perhaps 1 tenor (can't tell for sure).

Ever heard of a Alto TR tiny rips mouthpiece? Ebonite round chamber size 3.
Kleartone Professional Alto, Plastic, not transparent, size 1 ,about this brand I have found some info.

Buescher alto vintage short shank alto, no idea of the opening
Buescher C Melody, short shank, no idea of the opening

There are other 2 unmarked ones....but never mind those

I would appreciate some info:)

Distinguished SOTW Member
...so now everyone is going to start scouring antique shops for mouthpieces.

Discussion Starter #3
well, it is an alternative source which can be tried and unaware of the value of some of these things (have you seen the price of vintage ligatures these days...:) )...I am very fortunate because the guy in question is a music lover himself he also has at least 5 or 6 saxophones on sale in his shop (nothing really special) which he sells as wallhangers.

Discussion Starter #5
Carbs said:
Does yours say Buescher Elkhart? I got one with my Alto, and I can't figure out the price of it either.

Carbs
Yes both Buescher are marked the same, the C melody also has the indication C. I've tried the mpcs and the TR Tiny Rips is the one which pleases me the most, the Kleartone is not bad either, the Buesher for alto has a very small opening indeed and it is incredibly tight

the unmarked ones one has a very old fashined sound and the other must be a C melody too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts