·
Distinguished SOTW Member.
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BTW my avatar is Beaugnier all the way...

·
Forum Contributor 2008/Distinguished SOTW Member
3,295 Posts
I've been on the hunt for a Beaugnier Vito tenor neck/replacement for some time. Any recommendations? Tought to find the right tenon size and angle.

·
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
These Noblet tenors have a different neck than a Vito tenor... BTW Swampcabbage, My Buffet SDA tenor neck swaps easily with my Vito/Beaugnier tenor... This is a pic of my tenor Vito neck...

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015
2,461 Posts
at $225 that would be me... a steal wasn't good enough I was after grand larceny.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Re : Re: A Beaugnier steal!

I've been on the hunt for a Beaugnier Vito tenor neck/replacement for some time. Any recommendations? Tought to find the right tenon size and angle.
maybe you want to consider a Keilwerth neck for your Beaugnier/Vito. I am not sure about the neck angle (it is slightly above 45 degrees) but everything else fits very nice. They also ca be used with SML tenors (different angle) or Buescher 400 (different tenon size by 0,3 mm). So Keilwerths aftermarket necks are very flexible :)

·
Registered
656 Posts
I have read several sources that say the Noblet saxes made by Beaugnier were intermediate horns, not top-of-the-line pro horns. Still a very good deal though.

·
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Evidently, the early Beaugnier/Vito/Noblet types were varied but primarily among alto sax types... The Beaugnier tenors were of only two types, the early, very much Beaugnier tenors labeled Beaugnier, Vito 'and' Noblet & the later 'Duke' model 38 horns... Fact is, there are several Noblet 'alto' models including a very nice looking French model on eBay... So empressdiver... The truth seems to be that Noblet had some pro line models and other models as well...

·
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Another odd Beaugnier duck... http://cgi.ebay.com/VITO-ALTO-SAXOP...857?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2565748861 What is this? A Model 38 alto sax marked Vito, low serial number more in series with the Noblet horns & this horn has the Noblet common neck brace and the so-called 'Face' bell brace as used on Noblets... So this is one of those Vito/Noblet saxes... A small number of French built saxes are engraved both Vito 'and' Noblet...

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2007-
7,126 Posts

·
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That Leblanc 'guy'... He would do business with 'anybody' and 'everybody'!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts