·
SOTW Columnist/ Forum Contributor 2014, Disti
3,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
3,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have you made the billboard top 100 yet ?
Hey and thanks for asking. No tours and no Top 100 yet. I wish :D They were a simple songs for dancing and the 45rpm was recorded in 1969. We paid to have 1000 copies made and just put them on jukeboxes at the nightclubs we played and gave copies to friends. We tried to get some local airplay but no interest from the stations. Just glad that MD Records picked it up after all these years and sold 1000 copies in the UK, Germany and Japan.

I recently signed another contract with a company in Texas/California to put the songs on live streaming, TV and other outlets so maybe something else will happen with it.

We were broke musicians in 1969 and did not have the money to push the record. I moved out of town in 1970 the band broke up. Only 3 of a 5 piece band on the recording.

I have no idea how an original 45rpm got to London but two DJ's played "It's Our Time" in their dance clubs and the dancers liked it. One DJ was at the Solid Hit Soul Club in London and played the 45 in 2020. A rep from MD Records was at one of the dance clubs and heard it and contacted me to reissue 1000 copies on their label. I was just glad they liked it after all these years (y)

What other thread are you looking for?

·
3,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the first track has a solid funky rhythm section
Hey Thanks Frank. I appreciate that. "It's Our Time" was meant to simply be a funky dance instrumental. The bass pumps when the volume is turned up and that is what we wanted for the dancers. Bill Tripp played the organ and bass pedals, guitar, trumpet and vocals. And of course a drummer. The slow side was simply meant to be a slow dance tune.

Hopefully the Texas/California company will find yet another outlet for these old simple recordings(y)

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
6,267 Posts
Hey and thanks for asking. No tours and no Top 100 yet. I wish :D They were a simple songs for dancing and the 45rpm was recorded in 1969. We paid to have 1000 copies made and just put them on jukeboxes at the nightclubs we played and gave copies to friends. We tried to get some local airplay but no interest from the stations. Just glad that MD Records picked it up after all these years and sold 1000 copies in the UK, Germany and Japan.

I recently signed another contract with a company in Texas/California to put the songs on live streaming, TV and other outlets so maybe something else will happen with it.

We were broke musicians in 1969 and did not have the money to push the record. I moved out of town in 1970 the band broke up. Only 3 of a 5 piece band on the recording.

I have no idea how an original 45rpm got to London but two DJ's played "It's Our Time" in their dance clubs and the dancers liked it. One DJ was at the Solid Hit Soul Club in London and played the 45 in 2020. A rep from MD Records was at one of the dance clubs and heard it and contacted me to reissue 1000 copies on their label. I was just glad they liked it after all these years (y)

What other thread are you looking for?
You talked about some of this several months ago on another thread. Or I’m psychic. Something about still having a box of the records. Ones you and hailed around from multiple house moves.
So cool this is being played now. Did you record any other songs or just these two ?

·
3,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did you record any other songs or just these two ?
I did find my box of the old 45rpm's which were reissued in the UK. Much to my surprise someone paid me $300 for an original copy. I also found a couple of links where two originals were in an auction for several hundred dollars. I had no idea that old "unknown" records brought that amount of money.

I don't have any other recordings other than some CD's with local bands playing in a horn section and my two instuctional books. And a couple of Rock & Roll sound tracks on Youtube. I never cared much for recording. I have done some session work for a band in Philly but that's all. Thanks for asking.

·
6,267 Posts
I did find my box of the old 45rpm's which were reissued in the UK. Much to my surprise someone paid me $300 for an original copy. I also found a couple of links where two originals were in an auction for several hundred dollars. I had no idea that old "unknown" records brought that amount of money.

I don't have any other recordings other than some CD's with local bands playing in a horn section and my two instuctional books. And a couple of Rock & Roll sound tracks on Youtube. I never cared much for recording. I have done some session work for a band in Philly but that's all. Thanks for asking.
There are two huge music stores here in Hollywood. Vinyl only. tons of recordings that never made it to the airwaves. I bought a brand new 33 LP from a band that made one recording in the early 70s. $23
Yikes ! Hope you didn’t send that box to the UK. How much extra do you charge to autograph a record🤣 Who would’ve ever thought 50 years later…..

Still open

·
6,267 Posts
:D No I still have a few of the originals left and there are a few of the reissues on some Internet sites. MP3 files were emailed to the UK to use for the reissue.
Well if nothing else it’s all an unexpected surprise to your retirement account😂
Side A. is definitely more dance Music. I prefer side B. Really nice playing !

1 - 20 of 21 Posts