Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saxontheweb newbie here but not a sax-in-my-mouth newbie...been playing for many years on a Yamaha Custom YAS875.

Anyway, my question relates to Yanis. There's a decent amount of info on line about the wide array of Yanis both on and off the market, but I'd like to know a bit more about the 9932Z - the Peter King model, not the 9932J.

Perhaps because it was only for the UK and Japanese markets there isn't as much written about it, but all I could find on line was this...

http://www.howarth.uk.com/pic.aspx?pic=./wo/sxyanA9932withletter.jpg&pid=43122

Any 9932z players out there or Yanagisawa historians know any more about this elusive horn? Are there really only 50? How does it blow? When were they made? Where could I find one - even just to have a go?

Adios and happy playing.

·
Premium Member
954 Posts
Contact Dave Kessler at [email protected] in Las Vegas.

He has access to all of the Yanagisawa models although I'm fairly sure this particular one is not made any more although he does have some info on it.

He also has the best prices for Yanagsawa saxophones bar none but you'll need to email him for those prices.

Good luck.

Alex

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
1,596 Posts
Saxontheweb newbie here but not a sax-in-my-mouth newbie...been playing for many years on a Yamaha Custom YAS875.

Anyway, my question relates to Yanis. There's a decent amount of info on line about the wide array of Yanis both on and off the market, but I'd like to know a bit more about the 9932Z - the Peter King model, not the 9932J.

Perhaps because it was only for the UK and Japanese markets there isn't as much written about it, but all I could find on line was this...

http://www.howarth.uk.com/pic.aspx?pic=./wo/sxyanA9932withletter.jpg&pid=43122

Any 9932z players out there or Yanagisawa historians know any more about this elusive horn? Are there really only 50? How does it blow? When were they made? Where could I find one - even just to have a go?

Adios and happy playing.

Not sure if it was only fifty, but I know it was a very small number. and they are not made anymore. Though you can get a very similar model without the gold plated inner bell, the model is Yanagisawa A9932J, and remember it has to be the the model ending with the J or it'll be http://www.kesslermusic.com/SelmerLeblanc/a9932.htm. Dave Kessler can definitely get you a A9932J, If you contact Yani directly and ask they "might" do it for more money...

·
Registered
172 Posts
I have a 9932J tenor, which is awesome. I compare it to my Ref 36 on my youtube channel. My mate has the alto 9932Z which is beautiful too, but to be truthful there is no difference between the J and the Z models.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I am indeed that man with the 9932Z. I don't know whether there were more than 50 made, I expect there were as I had no problem buying one. This was perhaps 4-5 years ago now. This is my second one the first was damaged in a fall. Other than the two I've had and the one Pete King has I haven't seen any others.
I think Yanis make great horns. the 9932z has a great tone and can handle everything from PPP to FFF.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts