Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
28,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just found this on YouTube and thought it apt to post here. The creator of the video is longtime SOTW member SactoPete who has posted many interesting videos on YouTube, although I had never seen this one before. I like it because it gives a good number of well-regarded tenors to compare the sound/tone of. If you want you can give feedback about that here and get a discussion (or argument) going. Have at it folks.

·
Forum Contributor 2014-2017
1,000 Posts
Great head-to-head comparison. This is one of the many videos and soundtracks that made me seek out my own TH&C tenor. My preference for it in this comparison and many others I've listened to proved a good indicator of my satisfaction as an owner. Though I haven't had a chance to play one, the only other tenor whose sound I've liked almost as consistently as the TH&C is the Mk. VI.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I had seen this video several months ago, and thought all the horns Pete played sounded great, both then and now. Too hard to pick a favorite, just listening to them. I think the difference is probably in the playing.

·
Registered
495 Posts
This video got me all hepped up on Martins. Since seeing it I landed an Indiana that I really like. I also have developed curiousity for Buescher.

Thing is, horns vary so much that getting one with the sound ur expecting is a crap shoot unless you are able to get several in a room to try.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts