Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Audience-captured clip from last night's show in New York at the 55 Bar, featuring Aaron Goldberg - Rhodes, Mike Moreno - guitar, Janek Gwizdala - bass, and Obed Calvaire - drums.

Sound quality is unfortunately distorted at points, but the vibe is intact. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZdNsYcteS0

Trying a new tune for first time.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,386 Posts
Great, even with the distortion. I like how it starts to crank up in intensity as your solo progresses.

(I've really enjoyed your YouTubes, man -- so much so that I bought a Line 6 delay pedal that I really ought to figure out one of these days! It'd be cool if you'd post sometime on how you came to explore that, and what you learned along the way...)

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2011
13,125 Posts
Thanks for that. It's another example of my response to those "jazz is dead or dying" threads. Jazz is alive and well, it's just based on more modern song forms and rhythms. And it's being played in clubs all over.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great, even with the distortion. I like how it starts to crank up in intensity as your solo progresses.

(I've really enjoyed your YouTubes, man -- so much so that I bought a Line 6 delay pedal that I really ought to figure out one of these days! It'd be cool if you'd post sometime on how you came to explore that, and what you learned along the way...)
Great idea. I will think about how best to do that. I've got a couple weeks left before I hit the road with John Mayer again for the summer, so I'll try to get something up on that before I leave.

As for the distortion, it's gonna be awesome when the on-board audio catches up with the quality and ease of use of these hand-held video cams. None-the-less, glad this audience member thought to bust out the video camera.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for that. It's another example of my response to those "jazz is dead or dying" threads. Jazz is alive and well, it's just based on more modern song forms and rhythms. And it's being played in clubs all over.
I think it was Bill Evans who said "Jazz is a how, not a what." Whoever said it, I agree. :)

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2011
13,125 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2009
3,286 Posts
It was a good show, man, very much appreciated. I was there, kinda back by the bar, for both sets. Good stuff.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts