Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
It has the correct bell-to-body brace, and the high E pad arm goes over not under like the earlier Dynaction. Some of the "Super Dynaction" engravings that I have seen is shallow enough that it could have been buffed off during a relaq, especially if there was a lot of scratches in that area, which is common area to get scratches.

edit: It also looks to have the correct octave mech and bell pads arms of the SDA

·
Registered
181 Posts
I was looking on saxpics.com and there is another early SDA that does not have the "Super Dynaction" engraving on the body tube. It's very possible that Buffet didn't put it on the early SDAs.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i was thinking I had heard that somewhere - getting old here - brain a little fuzzy

·
(formerly borganiboy)
5,566 Posts
Theres ones with no black pearl on the G# and no black paint on the bell to body brace also

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hi there,
I have a 5,0xx tenor. It has all the hallmark features of the Super Dynaction (no "crown'" or "logo" engraving on the bell, the oval "BC" bell-to-body brace, the modernized left thumb rest and octave key, etc.) HOWEVER, it does not have the Super Dynaction engraving on the body. Interestingly, it also still has the Dynaction neck with the brace (assume they were using up spare parts from the Dynaction run this early on in the Super Dynaction phase.
Late to the thread, so just adding to our collective SOTW knowledge base.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts