Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's nice, Jeff! Gotta say that you get a pretty "compact" sound for playing on a 9* Link!

John
Thanks, I gotta say it's because the Link is so versatile. I can get a big spread lush tone out of it to by backing off of it and blowing a little differently. If I have a real hard R&B or R&R gig I slap on a new reed and it brightens it up. I used to use a Guardala King I found that this Otto Link has forced me (over a number of years) to correct some embouchure issues. The sound isn't as "baked in" to this mp as with the King which was a high baffle piece and naturally compact and bright. The Link is more of a blank slate.

·
Banned
2,814 Posts
Thanks, I gotta say it's because the Link is so versatile. I can get a big spread lush tone out of it to by backing off of it and blowing a little differently. If I have a real hard R&B or R&R gig I slap on a new reed and it brightens it up. I used to use a Guardala King I found that this Otto Link has forced me (over a number of years) to correct some embouchure issues. The sound isn't as "baked in" to this mp as with the King which was a high baffle piece and naturally compact and bright. The Link is more of a blank slate.
Absolutely agree!
J.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts