Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I was offered a second hand Yani, apparently barely played tenor professional model for $3500.

I was wondering if this is a good price and what the usual prices are for 2nd hand Yani's.

Also i have a Yamaha YTS-475 which i bought early 2007 for about $2000. It's in very good condition. How much do you think i could get for it?

Thanks! :)

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2012
7,216 Posts
Is it a T991?
New at Saxforte $3600-$400 rebate= $3200 (free US delivery).
So, a brand new one would cost less than what you have been offered.

Imo, if it's a private sale,$2000- $2200 would be good.
You will pay more from a dealer.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Is it a T991?
New at Saxforte $3600-$400 rebate= $3200 (free US delivery).
So, a brand new one would cost less than what you have been offered.

Imo, if it's a private sale,$2000- $2200 would be good.
+1 I bought a pristine, used S-991 for $2300 from a music store--so that price included their markup. I can't imagine that a tenor would be that much more expensive.

Regarding the Yamaha, I recommend doing some Internet searches to try to find what others are selling them for.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2016
4,881 Posts
Yanis are a good value in the secondary market -- i.e. used ones sell relatively low. $3500 would get my interest if it were a mint T9937.

You could prob get $1000 for your Yamaha on SOTW.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So you guys are saying it's a bad price? The Yani tenor has barely been used btw.
I'm not quite sure what model number it is, but i do know that it's one of the best one's.
i'll get back to you with a few more details..

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2016
4,881 Posts
^ Yes. Unless it is the top of the line 9937 then it's not a good price. If it's T5 or something -- fugetaboutit!

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
$3500 is NOT a good price for a used Yani tenor unless it is the solid silver model or maybe one of the models with a sterling bell and neck or sterling body etc....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts