Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am a flute player looking to buy a saxophone to learn to play. I don´t want to buy a cheap student model
as I don´t plan to buy a second saxophone (would prefer to invest that money on a better horn, but still don´t plan
pay a lot of money). So I started looking at vintage saxophones. I found one I like, but I have my doubts about the
dealer. Is this dealer legit?: http://2ndending.com/saxes.html

·
Distinguished SOTW member/, Official SOTW Sister
19,415 Posts
The dealer is VERY legit.
My son-in-law purchased a tenor from him a few years ago.
The horn arrived well packed, and was playable right out of the box. We live in Michigan so it had quite a long way to travel.
If you decide to purchase the instrument you won't find a better guy to deal with. :)

·
Indistinguishable Resident Buescher Bigot and Foru
8,588 Posts
This is JayePDX on this forum. You can buy from him with complete confidence. Send him a PM and ask about it, but I suspect he'll be sending you one himself shortly. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hahaha did not know that, was about to send him a PM asking him if he thought the page was legit, thanks

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
2nd Ending is totally legit. George runs a tight ship & will treat you right if you choose to do business with him.

He gets all his horns in better than playing condition, packs them extremely well, and makes sure the customer is happy before & after the sale. This is what I experienced dealing with him anyways.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I am getting my second tenor from him next week. Easy to deal with and great value on the horns.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2014
4,321 Posts
I did business with him recently, and got a totally awesome alto for a GREAT price!

·
Distinguished SOTW Technician
3,409 Posts
Most of the members on here who 'do business' are 100% sound, we are--- and strive to be-- a very honourable bunch!

·
Registered
535 Posts
2nd Ending is clean as a whistle. I recently bought a solid tenor at a NICE price. Everything happened first class across the board. If you have a chance to buy through Goerge, take it.
Good luck-
Mike

·
Forum Contributor 2010-2017
735 Posts
I am an adult beginner and purchased a tenor from JayePDX about 4 years ago. He is very knowledgeable and helpful. He is also very professional in his dealings. I would suggest that you PM him and talk to him. He is sure to have additional horns that are not listed on his website which will give you a greater choice.

·
Registered
307 Posts
He shipped a Martin Committee II tenor to me yesterday. So far he's been great to deal with! He even bumped up shipping to express without extra charge when he went one day over the shipping date he stated.

That horn is going all the way to sweden!

·
Registered
162 Posts
In also have purchased from him and am very satisfied. He is a very reputable dealer and I would definitely buy from him again.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2016
18,646 Posts
Thanks for the kind words, everyone. I try my best. This sorta feedback means a lot to me, so...much appreciated.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts