Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I'm only 17 and don't play instruments, but I was going to garage sales with my dad the other day and I spotted a couple of old instruments in boxes on a table. They looked old, and I've never held a sax before in my life, butshe said 10 dollars for a clarinet ( Leblanc vito or something) and the 28m, so I decided to go for it. I came and did some research and found out it was a 28m, 335xxx and fairly rare I guess. My dad sells vintage clothing and he plans to have me put it on ebay for him. It is missing the plastic keyholder thing as well as a mouthpiece ( i think I don't even know what it looks like, ill post pictures tomorrow of the item ), but other than that its in good condition aside from some scratches and one tiny dent. It has the original box but it is in very rough condition on the exterior. My dad just wants to make a few bucks, but I was wondering if there is anything else I should know that I could mention on my listing and I already know i made a deal by paying 10 dollars but I just was wondering if its still worth anything with those pieces missing

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Technician
21,034 Posts
When you say the mouthpiece is missing do you mean the small black plastic thing with the reed or the curved gold neck? If the neck is missing, that is a big problem. The plastic piece can be found now. I have one so I watch ebay for them all the time. A ratty one should bring about $1,500 if all there and a mint one could go as high as $4,000. I stole mine on ebay for $500 in great condition.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I looked and I was confused but I figured everything out, thought a mouthpiece fit in here but this is what I have identical to it, although the cork is worn a little on my piece

so I guess the plastic piece is what im trying to say :)

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
You STOLE that horn. Wow.

·
Registered
241 Posts
KEEP THE HORN. It's probably worth less than what it plays like. I have two friends who have Connstellations (pardon the pun) and both horns are killer. I really like the fact that when you play them you can really feel your air under the fingers . Not many horns allow that. I almost bought one of those horns off one of my friends - but I decided not to because I have no money haha and I want an over haul on my 10M.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well I would keep it if i had any need for it, but I don't and I could use some money haha, thanks for the advice I'll probably put it on ebay tonight sometime, if you feel the urge to bid on it please go ahead ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts