Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
So sorry to hear this...Ross was a fantastic musician and a wonderful person. I truly hope your horn turns up.

·
Forum Contributor 2016-17
1,146 Posts
I'll keep my eyes open....hope they catch the guy and hang him by his....well, you know...

·
Banned
8,205 Posts
At least you have $2500 to go towards a new horn.
Being a victim of a stolen horn, I doubt you’ll see it again. I kept the empty case from that horn for years until I couldn’t stand to look at it.
I feel your pain. I had an alto stolen and I bought a backup tenor when a guy walked up to me at a restaurant gig and asked the serial number of my horn. I’ve had people walking up and ogling my sax before and never really thought much of it. Not anymore.

·
Registered
6,417 Posts
I think most of us would be happy to help you get your horn back and not take a penny of the reward. I wish you all the best, I know of a few horns being recovered and it can happen.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Call me cynical but I don't see a sax stolen from the stage being stolen for an auction - its stolen because its wanted OR stolen to order - BUT stranger things have happened.. I am always suspicious at how many saxes are for sale (via auction sites) without cases.

I believe Mindi Abair had her signature mouthpiece stolen but I am not aware of the circumstances. Low life is everywhere. My 2cents - carry your horn backstage always.

·
Registered
6,417 Posts
That listing is from a scammer using borrowed photos and description.
But the description, written by a real seller, indicates the original case is included.

·
Vendor
15,771 Posts
I think most of us would be happy to help you get your horn back and not take a penny of the reward. I wish you all the best, I know of a few horns being recovered and it can happen.
+1 Jim!
This stuff needs to stop happening. We are living in a very angry and difficult time.
I hope there is a happy ending to this story.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts