Sax on the Web Forum banner

244 tenor ,,,never seen it on web selling,,,

6K views 21 replies 11 participants last post by  keuhkoman 
#1 ·
Guess,,,Holton make it very less amount???
if someone want to sell,,,
what price is this tenor this year worth ?
:|

#2 ·
Is there a particular sax you're talking about? Website or pictures?

#8 ·
I am kicking myself for not snatching this one off ebay on Saturday http://www.ebay.com/itm/Holton-Teno...100?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item338bc05634 I am really curious to know if someone here bought it? I bid $305 with about 30 seconds left and thought I was good...and then got outbid...no way to know how high the person had their "autobid" Set for unless they fess up here but I should have gone significantly higher. The 234 Alto Stratodyne is relatively well known, but the 244 Tenor Stratodyne appears to be a rare bird....does anyone have experience with one to know if it has the same quality as the 234?

#16 ·
Me neither. IMHO, if that really was one....I would have bid $600+ for it ....easy.

You may have tried to walk too fine a line there, MichiganDave.
Jaye,

It was for real. I saw it on ebay too--very visible 244 on the back, and Stratodyne on the front. Also a silver neck. Unfortunately it looked pretty rough, and was a harsh-sanded relaq, so I passed. Here's the link--pics still up...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Holton-Teno...m7HJbgyyITKiStxEF5SXw%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

sn 317296 I saved the pics. It went for $310--I should have got, but relaqs really turn me off.

Musical instrument Blue Brass instrument Wind instrument Woodwind instrument

Musical instrument Brass instrument Wind instrument Gas Idiophone

Hand tool Musical instrument Pliers Wind instrument Brass instrument

Product Motor vehicle Rectangle Art Metal

Rectangle Automotive lighting Picture frame Font Jewellery

#14 ·
Still kicking myself. Was really hoping it was somebody on this forum who bought it. No way of knowing how high the winning bidder was willing to go... I was honestly expecting a last-hour bidding frenzy to $900 or so at which point it would have exceeded the wife explanation number by 2x. I just hope whoever bought it loves it and plays it. And now that I know the beast exists, every garage sale and back alley holds the hope of another sighting...;) Meanwhile, still loving my 241 tenor and 232 alto.

#18 ·
i remember i saw this horn on ebay but didnt bid cause seller didnt ship out of the states, i remember i tried to contact him though im not sure it was quite long ago, the relacquer looks really bad but still with that silver neck it looks hot!, my guess is just a few of these were made in tenor as they show up much less hoften than the alto version.

pd: i also regretted havent bid on this horn, at least until i got my 10m!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.