Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Well.......don't let it happen again!

Seriously, nice job. That should really help all of the students who need it. It was all good, but I'm really diggin' your tenor sound. I'm a fossil but I still enjoyed working through the one's that Randy Hunter put up last year with the PDF's.

On behalf of students young and old.....Thanks!

Regards,
George

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Didn't mean to imply that Randy posted Texas All State etudes.......they were, of course, Georgia All State.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey I'm a Junior prepping these Etudes for December Region Auditions. I'm really impressed by your technique on the first piece, how did you work it up to that speed?
My lesson teacher has had me go through every rhythm using alternate rhythms, and such so that I can develop muscle memory but I was wondering if you had any other suggestions for working the technique.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are you talking about the Region Band or Region Jazz Band auditions? The Jazz ones are usually in September.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Hey, I'm a junior in my school, and can you check my 2nd etude? I recorded this in a hurry, and there are some note mistakes that were made which is already fixed, but can you give me some help on musicality of the 2nd etude? that'll be great and appreciated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6q4X5ALMnE

1 - 8 of 8 Posts