Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently picked up an OLDS Alto that was orig purchased in 1990 and then played for a few months and then put away in the closet for over 15 years. I got it really cheap and it plays and sounds great. I just wanted to find out more info on it, I cant tell which model it is. If I posted pictures could some one help ID this horn? It has brass (yellow) colored body and siver keywork. It looks like a Selmer SA80 copy. Also, has high F# key.

Thnx!

·
Registered
275 Posts
I'd be interested in seeing photos of this horn. I received a catalog of their 1996-97 models and considered buying one back then. I was a grad school student then and couldn't afford a new horn. What turned me on to them was that a pro sax player (can't remember his name) endorsed them in a mid 1990's issue of DownBeat Magazine. If I dig around, I may be able to find the catalog. Please post photos of this horn. Thanks.

·
Registered
8,034 Posts
I have an Olds tenor from the late 70's or early 80's that looks like copy of a Super 80 also. I've tried to find out who made them, but I haven't had any luck. I guess it was made at the USA Selmer plant.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts