Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of an online resource that deals with key heights for bass clarinet? I just had my Low C Selmer overhauled, and the pitch has changed on certain notes. I've been messing around and adjusting some key heights and slowly I'll get it to where I like it. For instance the middle B on my bass has always been really good, unlike a lot of other basses I've played. However now with the heights a little more open the middle B is much sharper than what it was. That's ok though cos I can slowly lower than height to where it used to be and not make low e to flat etc, but I'd love to read some helpful tips/hints on what various people have done or any links to useful resources online. The Low C on my bass is also pretty sharp, but I've always just blown that lower so that's fine. I'd also be into reading about bass clarinet acoustics, tone hole placement etc. Eventually once I get the horn working exactly the way I like, I'll get my tech to replace my bits of tape with cork. Thanks in advance for any info.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts