Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Banned
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I was 14 I tried playing sax for about a year. Never stuck with it. I still have my alto sax, though and thought I would sign up to find out more about it and its worth. Times being what they are, I am thinking of selling it.

The sax is a "Dorado 500" made by Yanagisawa, and stamped with the Yanagisawa logo and "A-4" From poking around on the net it looks to be a 1973 model, which makes sense. I still have the hard case too. It's in fine shape, with some scratches but not too bad.

Any advice in terms of value, best place to sell, etc?

Thanks!

Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
I had one A-4 it's a good horn but it is certainly not the easiest Yanagisawa to sell due to its less than modern keywork.
Also , being a stencil you will get less for it that it would be if it would be branded Yanagisawa . I think that here would be a place as good as any other and possibly better than ebay. I should think that if it is in very good state you could get 800-1000$ for it.

Banned
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I read somewhere that either the second and third number or the third and fourth denote the year. In your case it would be 1971, if that is correct. I am no expert, though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.