Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I was 14 I tried playing sax for about a year. Never stuck with it. I still have my alto sax, though and thought I would sign up to find out more about it and its worth. Times being what they are, I am thinking of selling it.

The sax is a "Dorado 500" made by Yanagisawa, and stamped with the Yanagisawa logo and "A-4" From poking around on the net it looks to be a 1973 model, which makes sense. I still have the hard case too. It's in fine shape, with some scratches but not too bad.

Any advice in terms of value, best place to sell, etc?

Thanks!

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
39,484 Posts
I had one A-4 it's a good horn but it is certainly not the easiest Yanagisawa to sell due to its less than modern keywork.
Also , being a stencil you will get less for it that it would be if it would be branded Yanagisawa . I think that here would be a place as good as any other and possibly better than ebay. I should think that if it is in very good state you could get 800-1000$ for it.

·
39,484 Posts
good luck

·
Registered
696 Posts
I have an A-4 but the serial # does not show on the charts #11711xx so not sure of year. BTW does not have articulated C# This is also a Dorado 500

Any help?

·
Banned
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I read somewhere that either the second and third number or the third and fourth denote the year. In your case it would be 1971, if that is correct. I am no expert, though.

·
39,484 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts