·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
on 5 it was a VI with me on guitar and on 6 the crappy player was me on the Buffet 400 and the good player was the VI

·
Banned
3,000 Posts
Seriously I thought the darker and less thin sounding horn was the VI. I couldn't get it in No. 5 and 6, though.
For me, the Mark VI sound has a certain tonal clarity with a signature ringing quality to it. (IMO, the Mark VI "thing" includes the sound, but also such things as the feel, resistance, response, etc.) I've never played, or even heard, a Buffet 400, but 1 and 3 didn't have it, and 2 and 4 sounded like they did.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I picked 2 and 4 too. It was close, but the Selmer had a just very slightly 'thicker' quality core to it. The good news is the Buffet sounded almost as good- if you weren't comparing them side by side who woulda known eh? How does the Buffet FEEL when you are playing it? Does it have a nice ring and resonance, response, and comfort???

·
Banned
492 Posts
Yeah,... Coach, that Buffet does sound pretty good. Looks like I was way off base on this one,... clearly the new buffet ain't like the old buffets I'm used to seeing in school! Again,... congrats on the new Buffet Coach!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks! To my ears they are very close and should easily take me many years down the road. Thanks guys.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts