Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry this is not actually a sale yet but rather an attempt to help determine value if I do.

I have a 1967 Mark VI tenor which had a varitone microphone system at one time. The neck has been repaired excellently but I wonder what effect this possibly has the value of the horn, which is in otherwise wonderful condition for its age (original lac 90% intact).

Any opinions on this greatly appreciated.

Apologies if I have posted in the wrong forum section for this. (I did put it in the tech section as well)

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hornimprovement said:
Did it only have the neck pickup, or did it also have the tubing soldered down the side and the brackets that guide the cables?
seems to have only had the neck attachment. I can't find any evidence of removal of the pack or the wire holder. The hole was quite small too. Slightly less than the size of a pencil ersaer.

·
Registered
654 Posts
A filled pickup generally dings the price about $400 or even more if it's being sold as a super clean collector horn. If the horn is a real burner, it will fetch the dollars it deserves on it's playing merits.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
If you don´t want to sell it why bother with the value? Putting a price tag to it won´t make it play better anyway. 400 or even 1000 bucks plus or minus of virtual value - who cares?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dr_sax said:
If you don´t want to sell it why bother with the value? Putting a price tag to it won´t make it play better anyway. 400 or even 1000 bucks plus or minus of virtual value - who cares?
I agree almost 100%. However I've had a couple of horns I thought I'd never sell and ended up doing so. When I think about getting a horn I force myself to consider the eventual market value just in case I decide (or need) to sell someday. It's too bad we have to think that way but I feel I must, unless someday I am wealthy enough not to care. ... Yeah like THAT could happen! :cry: I'm a jazz musician .... :cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts