Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Level Air that I purchased in 1966. The bite plate is almost worn through, and I need to replace it. Can anyone steer me to someone who can repair this. As you probably know, this mouthpiece has a special bite plate that is unique to these early Level Airs.
Thanks

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
....cut a piece of plastic from a black shampoo bottle and glue it into place

·
Distinguished SOTW Member.
1,526 Posts
I also have a Level Air tenor mouthpiece in need of a bite plate... Has anyone a source for replacement or copy plates?

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
is sugru toxic to put in your mouth (i.e. use as a tooth plate)????

·
Distinguished SOTW Member.
1,526 Posts
I looked on the Sugru site, (I have a package of their black goop), and saw no reference pro or con as to toxicity... I will either use Marine Tex epoxy or Milliput epoxy to fab a new plate on my Level Air mpc...

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
ive got deep toth ridges in mine...i was just checking out Milliput...as it seems to be a good option....but in reading the how to...it says...should not be used as a thin layer application.....so that rules that out for me....

of course for making the whole bite plate ...it looks pretty good Marine tex,does not come in black,and it looks like its much harder to form...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.