Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Now that's one sweet looking horn...enjoy!!

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
Beautiful horn. This is my favourite serial range by far, 100-110xxx and my 104xxx has been the best tenor I’ve ever owned. That’s a true beauty you now own, and I hope you love it!

·
Banned
652 Posts
What a piece of junk! My Antigua Winds beats that crappy old Fart Six any day!

Just kidding man. Good for you. Did you have a question or are you just doing the old "I got a Mark VI so NYAA NYAA NYAANYAA NYAAAAA HA HA HAHA HAAAAA" thing?

:)

·
Registered
72 Posts
just saw a '57 Paris Mk6 on ebay from good seller in Germany. looked pretty good if anyone is looking. Not sure how it compares to a '62

·
Registered
270 Posts
Wow!! Many thanks for the pics. Ive just managed to find a 103xxx here in the UK mine is an AMAZING horn Congratulations!! Regards

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks guys! I've now had the 103,000 1962 Mark VI for a couple of months now. Before the trial period was over I had taken this horn to Ken Beason in Asheville, NC to let him check everything out. He said it was a great horn and everything checked out well so I kept it and have been playing it for weeks now. It's a beautiful horn that plays well and sounds great so I am very happy with it.

Only downside is being paranoid that it will get stolen out of my car or at a gig. I haven't been able to make myself play one of my back-up tenors on any gigs but at some point I'll have to play one of the back-ups if a gig seems too risky to bring the VI. I've only had one horn stolen and that was the first sax I ever had. It was my Conn Shooting Star tenor which wasn't valuable but I really wish I still had that horn for sentimental reasons.

Thanks for the well wishes! Really enjoying this horn!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
What a piece of junk! My Antigua Winds beats that crappy old Fart Six any day!

Just kidding man. Good for you. Did you have a question or are you just doing the old "I got a Mark VI so NYAA NYAA NYAANYAA NYAAAAA HA HA HAHA HAAAAA" thing?

:)
I guess I was just so overjoyed by getting that 1962 Mark VI that I just had to tell the world. Here's to hoping that all SOTW members who are wanting a VI will get one for Christmas or somewhere sometime in the not so distant future. What a blessing! God is good!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Thanks guys! I've now had the 103,000 1962 Mark VI for a couple of months now. Before the trial period was over I had taken this horn to Ken Beason in Asheville, NC to let him check everything out. He said it was a great horn and everything checked out well so I kept it and have been playing it for weeks now. It's a beautiful horn that plays well and sounds great so I am very happy with it.
Congrats on a great horn! I was just at Ken’s shop today for my annual tune-up on me Keilwerth Shadow tenor! Ken’s a good friend and an amazing tech....I’m incredibly lucky he’s local. Are you near Asheville also or did you travel in the see Ken?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Congrats on a great horn! I was just at Ken’s shop today for my annual tune-up on me Keilwerth Shadow tenor! Ken’s a good friend and an amazing tech....I’m incredibly lucky he’s local. Are you near Asheville also or did you travel in the see Ken?
I live two hours from Ken Beason. Well worth the drive! What a great guy Ken is! He had to go to China on October 17th to some sort of Expo where he was going to rebuild 4 saxophones and show the Chinese techs his process. So if you were there today I guess he is back from China. I need to set up an appointment to get some of my other horns doctored on. I too feel incredibly lucky to be located (fairly) local to Ken.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I live two hours from Ken Beason. Well worth the drive! What a great guy Ken is! He had to go to China on October 17th to some sort of Expo where he was going to rebuild 4 saxophones and show the Chinese techs his process. So if you were there today I guess he is back from China. I need to set up an appointment to get some of my other horns doctored on. I too feel incredibly lucky to be located (fairly) local to Ken.
Ken is a Ninja!

Oh, and the Chinese scene is closing in. Ken showing them his process? Man... watch out!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts