Sax on the Web Forum banner

1947 Conn 10M Lady

3K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  livingthedream 
Well, the question is...how much do you think it's worth ?

10M RTH prices have exploded over the past 2 years...sorta ridiculously so, I might add. So, folks bafflingly seem quite willing to pay $3g for a well-serviced RTH Lady nowadays.

Are you willing to invest that much ? Is it worth it ?

Unlike, say, a Mark VI or a Buescher THC...in the past decade Lady 10M prices have fluctuated. So while the former two have maintained and increased their market value since, say '08...10M's have gone up-down-up-down. What is that about ? Who knows. Would it happen again as the global economy continues to shrivel ? Are we in a mini-bubble which is gonna burst soon ?

Anyone wanna place bets ?

What can I suggest ? People right now are willing to pay a lot for one of these (while non-RTH ones - exactly the same horns minus the hole edges - are still within reason). Is this feeding frenzy indicative of a fad ? Folks with disposable incomes who wanna keep up with the Joneses ?

Apparently some idio-- ...um, folks...are willing to spend $3500+ for a repadded one.

Go figure....

How much does your tech charge to do an overhaul ?

The horn in question will end over $1g, guaranteed.

In 2018 is, say, a $2500 total investment a 'screamin' deal' on an RTH Lady which in 2012, overhauled, would'a gone for around $16-1800 ?
Maybe we're in a bubble. Maybe not. If you want to talk about a Super 20 Silver Sonic with full pearls for $16K I'd say yes we're in a bubble. A nicely restored RTH 10M for $2500 seems reasonable in this market. I bought an original lacquer 95% 10M, non-RTH 10 years ago for $800 and put another $900 into it for a complete overhaul. Today something similar is going for around $2000. Given that for some reason the RTH are more valued I'd say $2500 is a fair price. Now $3500 is nuts unless it looks like it just came out of the factory and is in original condition. -edit- I see you bought it. Congrats. I hope you got a good price. Sounds like you got a good deal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.