Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am going to sell my 1937 Conn 6M VIII Lady Face alto and was wondering if I could receive a price estimate on it from a few people? It was just overhauled and is a KILLER player. It has chocolate roo pads with flat resonators on it. If there is any more information needed on it to make it estimate let me know. I'll most likely be auctioning it off on ebay soon.
Thanks!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2016
18,213 Posts
You can just look at eBay ended listings and get a determination. Expect maybe $1300 or so. You may score $1500 on a lucky day. Definitely do NOT post a no reserve auction though, or you could get screwed.....

yes, I know there is the one which went for $2100....maybe it did, maybe it didn't. Don't be expecting that. Not impossible, but highly unlikely to top $13-1500.

·
Banned
2,844 Posts
Is it silver or lacquer? I think $1500 is the very top end for a silver one and $1000 for a lacquer one and it would need to be very nice.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2016
18,213 Posts
Yes but the RTH and, more, the (highly specious because yet never proven/confirmed) "VIII" weblore (which people actually seem to fall for hook, line, sinker) actually drives it up around 20% or so, believe it or not....

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
33,243 Posts
Hi, I am going to sell my 1937 Conn 6M VIII Lady Face alto and was wondering if I could receive a price estimate on it from a few people? It was just overhauled and is a KILLER player. It has chocolate roo pads with flat resonators on it. If there is any more information needed on it to make it estimate let me know. I'll most likely be auctioning it off on ebay soon.
Thanks!
Why not sell it at SotW and avoid the eFlay fees?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts