Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Hi Matt, it's the gold-plating and rare engraving that make it sought-after among certain collectors (rather than just players). If I was selling it, bidding would start at ~$750.00 (ie. if the market won't pay $750.00+, then I'd happily keep it !). Cheers...

·
Registered
737 Posts
How does the Professional stack up against the other models in terms of desirability and rarity? Is the elaborate engraving rare for Holton?

Thanks Matt
The closest market indicator I have found was this 'Rudy' gold-plated one, sold recently on ebay for less than $600:- http://www.ebay.com/itm/Holton-Rudy...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
I daresay those engravings on yours are rare if not unique, but that doesn't necessarily translate into lots of extra dollars being offered. However, after your auction closes, YOU will be in a better position than any of us to answer your own question. Many of us will also be interested to know what you find out about what the market is prepared to pay for your horn; then, please let us know. All the best...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts