Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've recently purchased a Conn New Wonder (S:1) from a local guy. When purchasing the horn, I couldn't find any dents, (thought I found a VERY small one in the bell after a week).

The only thing was a missing guide to the octave. If you look at the horn, right where the neck meets the horn and the octave system there's two little "Guides" around the mechanism. This doesn't affect the playing it seems.

I've also notice the bottom of the bore isn't completely rounded, which makes me wonder if it's a dent, though I lack experience in Conn's. Could someone provide a picture for comparison? Could this contribute to the gurgle? (I dearly hope it's not a dent.)

My next issue is the octave doesn't immediately go up, right when I get the horn out. All I have to do is lift the octave up once and I don't run across it anymore. Suggestions?

Thanks,
-Bubba-

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know, I can't connect my camera to the computer currently. I just posted the ones I was sent before the purchase. If I can fix the computer problem I will get some pictures of the bottom.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Technician
21,031 Posts
That little guide is not important. They fall off all the time. You can find a donor horn and epoxy one on if needed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts