After he played it for about 10 mins, I took it back to the bench to check it out. one of the regulation points in the upper stack was off. The crossover from the lower to the upper stack now has the slightest gap in it as well. A little sanding on a front foot cork fixed the upper, but wan't enough to raise the crossover bar enough to fix the lower.
Is this typical after a recork? Where the 1st few times it is played things need adjusting due to the cork being compressed?
I also believe some of the pads are still leaking. I didn't do a final leak light check on it before I had him play it, I just wanted to hear it make a sound
I'll probably keep it on my bench for another few days, and possibly redo some of the cork on the upper/lower stacks. When I did those, I really didn't know what to look for or know where I should use thicker than necessary cork to allow for adjustment in the future. Knowing what I know now, I would have done it differently.
I'll probably take it to the tech in a couple of weeks, to see what she says. It would be good to get a set of hands on it who knows what they're doing. If nothing else, just to double check what I've done and look for any leaks I may not be noticing.