Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya so today I ended myself up at a music store which was liquidating all of their stuff and they had a 1920's saxophone from what I could tell but I am unsure if it was a H.N King or if it was Buescher, the saxophone featured beveled tone holes and had a silver nickle plating with a gold wash in the bell, it did not have any of the added trill keys which were removed on later saxophones, and there was also no bastard key, any help identifying would be great, thanks ! :)

·
Registered
122 Posts
The beveled holes makes me think, perhaps a Martin? Are you sure it was nickel, not silverplate? Martin did a lot of stencils also.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Most likely was a Martin, very good shape though included the original case and some case candy aswell! Pretty sure I saw a Brilhart mouthpiece in there aswell.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Is it tarnished and filthy?
A dirty Martin:
View attachment 231276
I should be ashamed to let it get that bad, but I play tenor pretty exclusively these days and it doesn't get much attention.

They are great horns, nice dark tone.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The horn was hardly tarnished and minimal laqquer wear on it, absolute beauty but i've already got a Conn NWII i'm in the makes of restoring so I figured i'll let it go to someone else who may be interested in the older horns.

·
Administrator
13,985 Posts
Beveled tone holes = Martin. I've moved your inquiry to the appropriate sub forum.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts