Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2016
20,393 Posts
Same neck, different bellbrace and octave key. Bore and taper are identical, or so nearly damn close the diff becomes neglibible. They fit a 10M perfectly, and a 10M neck fits a 16M perfectly (should anyone have that inclination.....)

They intone fine and sound the same, to me, IMHO.

He should be giving a slight price break on that horn, maybe $100 less than w/ an original neck, since the original neck is gone....but....as far as performance goes, the 10M would lose nothing (not so sure I believe it gains anything)

· Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2016
20,393 Posts
It's either that (get a 16m neck and have it filled with lead or cerrobend and modifying the angle)....
I was wondering about the method for doing that...because everything I could come up with would have caused the neck tube to kink someplace. That's a good solution !!!!

So youy melt cerrobend or cerrolow & fill the neck with it , then bend the tube, then reheat to get all of the cerro to come out ? This keeps the tube from kinking ?

Does any ever stick to the inside of the neck tube ? Or does it flow out easily ?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.